Dear Ducky,
Whenever I am down, there is a certain something that I always look to for comfort. This special item is my teddy bear. My teddy bear and I have gone through so much including the death of my little sister. My older brother took it harder back then because he was older, but now family issues are not the worst of my problems. School work is getting harder, sports need more commitment, and friends are becoming a little mean over their own stress. A few days ago, my great dog chewed up my teddy bear to pieces mistaking it for his own teddy bear. It was definitely the worst idea to give us similar looking bears, but he got over excited when he saw a teddy bear that curiously looked nothing like his raggedy, old clump of fabric. Now how am I supposed to deal with all my future stressors? Without a teddy bear, what am I to do? Hug a wall?
Sincerely, 
Scared for the future

Dear Scared for the future,
It is a tragic event that your oldest item, seems as if, has been torn to shreds. You may always buy another, but it will never be the same as your old teddy bear and therefore not have the same relieving effect! You can try to release your worries by verbally talking to friends or family to ask for a stress relieving conversation and may be able to be much more of a help then a teddy bear that cannot talk back to you!
I hope you feel better,
Ducky

Dear Ducky,
There is a guy in school; yes sounds like the typical teenage drama, right? However, this is different. We have been best buddies (note the word choice) since our elementary years and have ended up in many of the same classes this year. Again, this sounds like every other guy-girl question, but I am sincerely worried about our friendship. But before this, I have to backup. Now that I am a sophomore, I am starting to see my once little friend as a well-sculpted, adorable smiling, and amazing football player who is, may I add, extremely attractive. All of my friends drool over him in class and ask me for his number. I feel like these drooling acts of my other girlfriends have gotten me to notice him as a guy. I really don’t want to cause any trouble in our friendship, but I have a reputation with dating a lot of guys. What do I do? I don’t want it to become awkward, God no. I really hope it doesn’t come to that!
Sincerely,
Oh My Best-friend

Dear Oh My,
There comes a time when if you look back at you childhood friends and notice that they are all grown up. However, if you grow up with similar aged friends, it is definitely easy to forget and miss all of the growing up together. Just make sure to hide your feelings, because just by talking to him will probably not make any future awkwardness not happen. In these cases, just go by how you feel because if your friends show the reactions you stated, your friend is used to the looks therefore, you can really play this one how you want to.
Good luck,
Ducky

Dear Ducky,
I have always been praised for my baby face. I’m going in to my senior year now, but looking back at my pictures from middle school and looking at myself makes me wonder why I haven’t changed much. I was a little chubbier when I was younger, but basically I still look like a freshman in high school. This never bothered me, because in church all the older women really like me because they say I look young, and I guess I just took it for granted, however this summer I met a girl. She’s basically everything I look for in a girl, and we’ve become really good friends but I feel like she could never like me the way I like her. We go to the same camp, and we actually live not too far from each other, but I don’t think girls like chubby guys who look like they are in middle school as boyfriend-material. I want to impress her, but then I still have my chubby face which gets in the way.
Sincerely,
Chubster 

Dear Chubster,
Girls look at personality more than looks in a guy. Whether you believe it or not, girls are much more for brains and feelings that a guy has even though many guys are about just looks. To get the girl to look at you differently from a freshman in high school, talk to her about things she wants to talk about. She needs to be comfortable around you, and if you two were meant to be in the circle of things, it will happen. If not, you will have made yourself a really good friend. It’s hard to get a girl that’s not interested in you at all as a boyfriend, to get her interested. That is, if you don’t talk to her. Also, are you sure this is not just a summer fling? Some people don’t believe in summer flings, however if you don’t see her for a few weeks and don’t talk, you two may forget about your friendship so make sure that doesn’t happen either.
Good luck,
Ducky

Dear Ducky,
I was born in “Somewhere” and lived there until I was in first grade when I moved to “Anotherplace” in which I lived for the rest of my middle school years. Then, I finally moved back to “Somewhere” in eighth grade. When I was in Somewhere, in kindergarten I met a guy who became my best friend. But, I definitely had a cute little crush on him, and he liked me back, but we were like four years old. None of that matters, but when I moved back a few years later, we met again and talked about how much everything has changed. We talked about life and became best friends. Now that we are juniors in high school, I noticed that I have actually liked him this whole time. Even though I have had a few boyfriends in between and him the same, I still like him. Is true love real? I can’t believe I’ve liked him for about thirteen years, but does this count as true love?
Sincerely,
Love Dazed

Dear Love Dazed,
It may be too early to know if it’s true love, but it is definitely something. You two may be high school/kindergarten sweethearts which is adorable, but also you may later notice that being best friends was much better. Time will tell you the answer to this question, but for the time being, it is awesome that you could adjust perfectly back into your old Somewhere. Everyone’s homeland is missed, and the fact that you could go back and keep all your friends is a great experience. But in the end, there is such a thing as true love. And what you have may just be it.
Love,
Ducky

Dear Ducky,
How do you use facebook? I just made an account around two weeks ago, and I do not understand what is so great and addicting about it. It seems useful because I am in a few study groups and can communicate with my friends but I could that before I had facebook through different programs. I see how people can definitely stalk on it. It makes it easier for people to just read one’s life. My mom does not want me to use facebook however I do not anyways. I promised her I would only use it for studying, but what else can you use it for?
Sincerely,
New Facebook

Dear New Facebook,
Facebook is a way to keep in contact with friends from faraway places. Many Koreans in Korea have a facebook and therefore you can talk to them more often. It is better that chat because you can leave a message on someone’s wall and they will see it when they log on. If you really would like a speedy response, chat is always in the lower right hand corner waiting to be used.
Have fun Exploring!
Ducky